Sunday, June 26, 2011

Field Trip: Freshwater Environment - UNF Nature Preserve, Jacksonville, FL

Even though there was still a good amount of smoke in the air from all of the fires in the area, I had a really fun time walking around on the trails and wading in the lake. I loved seeing the osprey in the tree; it seemed that it was posing for a picture for us. Another friend of mine besides Melissa came along too and was a little more educated on the environment, and he informed me of a lot of different things about the preserve that I would not have known, had he not come with us. I really enjoyed just walking around, breathing the fresh air, and making jokes with my friends all while experiencing what nature has to offer.







This was such a cool thing on the trail! It was like a giant sand box, that you could (hopefully) catch a glimpse of some animals prints if one happened to walk through there!
Raccoon Prints in the Tracking Box! This was super cool to see.





No comments:

Post a Comment