Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Personal Reflection on Ecological Footprint and Other Things

In the Fall semester of 2010, I took a class in which we made an ecological footprint for ourselves. I don't remember exactly what my carbon footprint was, but I know it wasn't that bad. I was also living on campus, and had access to recycling bins as well as water saving toilets and other things that helped reduce my carbon footprint.
Now that I am living in an area that does not promote recycling, my carbon footprint is a lot larger. If everyone lived like me, it would take 5.94 Earth's to hold the entire population.
I really hope that when I move back to Fort Myers that I will be able to reduce my carbon footprint to what it was previously, or even a little bit smaller than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment