Saturday, June 18, 2011

Reading #12 The Nature of The Everglades

I have been to the Everglades many times in my life. I’ve ridden airboats through the everglades and I have loved every second of it. I think that the Everglades are most definitely a national treasure, and they are worth preserving 100%. I think that way more should be done in order to protect the Everglades. It is hard to picture what the Glades look like to someone who has never been there before, but once you go you will understand. I will always remember riding on the airboats with my family, and sticking the cotton balls in my ears to buffer the sound a little bit. The Everglades is a great place for families, and it should be enjoyed by families forever, however this can only be done if we start preserving it now. If the coming generations (even our current generations) do not experience the Everglades at least once in their lifetime, I really do feel bad for them. I truly consider the Everglades to be a beautiful area of nature, where one can just relax and enjoy the outdoors. I think that EVERYONE should be trying to preserve the Everglades to the best of their abilities so it lasts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment